This morning Mrs Orrell held a special assembly to look at the ways school keeps everyone safe. Some of the examples pupils gave were:
- E safety assemblies and lessons
- staff talk to them about not running in school so they dont fall
- lots of staff on the palyground at playtime and lunchtime
- all gates are locked in the morning so visitors have to go to Reception. Reception has a telephone entry system so that only people the office are happy with can enter school.
- Started closing the large vehicle gates onto the playground so that no one can drive onto the playground before or after schol.
- smoke alarms, extinguishers and break glasses around school. Regular fire practices.
- making sure there are enough staff on trips
- assemblies and visitors- police, fire brigade, radicalisation workshops, anti bullying plays and workshops
At the end of the assembly Mrs Orrell asked us to put our hande up if we felt safe in school and everyone did. She also told us to speak to our parents and tell them about all the things school does to keep them safe and to let them know that they felt safe in school.
During this assembly we also talked about how our donations today towards the Grenfell Tower Fire would be used. Mrs Orrell was very impressed with our donations and how sensible we were in assembly today.
Assembly notes were taken by Darrel, Wiktoria and Marielle Yr6.