Who are our Science Ambassadors?
Science Ambassadors are children who have an interest in science, and want to share this with others! They work as a team and are passionate about continuing to improve science at St Anne’s through their belief that it should be hands-on, exciting and happen often!
We have Science Ambassadors in each class from year 2 to year 6, who support children and teachers throughout St Anne’s:
Year 2: Maria & Elizabeth
Year 3: Stas & Elianah
Year 4: Emmanuela, Belal, Sophie & Heidi
Year 5: Oliver, Enya, Wandile & Amy
Year 6: Dylan, Aaliyah O, Bertha & Yousef
What do our Science Ambassadors do?
- Share their passion for science and inspire others
- Help write and review the Science Principles that our science teaching and learning is based around
- Participate in regular meetings with Miss Thomason, where they discuss their action plan and share out responsibilities
- Speak to other children about science to gain an insight into what we can do to improve it
- Drop into science lessons to see what amazing science is happening
- Support teachers with organising resources, setting up science lessons and carrying out investigations too
- Represent our school at science events
- Contribute to the newsletter, informing parents what’s been happening in science each half term
- Support the running of science clubs and events