What are Sports Leaders?
The Sports leaders have been chosen to help promote sport throughout the school. The children selected have a passion for PE and will look to inspire other pupils to take part in sporting opportunities both within school and outside the school environment. They will offer guidance to other children and set an outstanding example when participating by working together as a team, always giving 100 hundred percent and showing good sportsmanship.
What do Sports Leaders do?
- Sports leaders run their own after school Change4Life club for children in years 3, 4 and 5. Here they will have a chance to work together to deliver a session in their preferred sport.
- Sports leaders deliver a game of their choice during dinner times to target children who may not enjoy the normal dinnertime activities.
- Sports leaders have the opportunity to assist in other class PE lessons later in the year.
- Sports leaders offer sporting advice and encourage the other children when playing sport during dinner time.
- Sports Leaders are part of the organising of sports days and help out on the day.
Sports Leader Meetings
The Sports Leaders meet every half term to discuss any new ideas they may have to improve PE in school. They create a newsletter to be published on the school website every term celebrating the brilliant sport happening at St Anne’s.
St Anne’s Sports Leaders: